Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sociology and stuff...

Today in my Sociology tutorial, the class did some work on Deviance and Social Class. And one of the answers to the question "when does deviance become negative" was when the action crosses the boundaries to being 'unlawful'.

However, I found something that I feel is contradicting. One of the theories that explain why people have deviant behaviours is the Conflict Theory. Basically, the Conflict Theory is about how the people with more power in society creates law etc to protect their own positions thus not shifting down to the middle class etc.

So if laws, rules etc that makes certain actions 'unlawful' are made by people who are 'superior', what if those actions are actually 'lawful', and by creating these laws, rules etc aren't the 'superiors' that is 'unlawful'? Anyway I think you all get the point...Lolz!

Anyway today went to watch Madagascar 2 with CY, PY, Nafees, Harith, Wee Teck and Hui Ying. Someone else was 'supposedly' to come too but.....oh well...(So why did I go??!!).Anyway the show was not bad, maybe not as much humour as I thought it would have. Also I didn't watch the first one so I cannot give a comparision.

No comments: