Saturday, August 8, 2009

Memories of a railway track

Today while I was watching My Date With A Vampire on PPStream, Raymond suddenly told me about the news of two RP students, a couple who were killed on the railway track leading to Malaysia. This prompted memories of the trek that Wing organised weeks ago that me and Nafees went. Apparently the two students were killed after they were hitted while they were sitting on the tracks. Both suffered multiple fractures and both have one leg nearly severed off. The boy's was amputated. Those who went for the trek would remember the sight of an iguana's body. The head was missing and the tail was found a few feet away from the body with the skin cut and bones jutting out. It was quite a bad sight and there were huge, fat flies flying around!

I do not know the reasons why the couple decided to walk along the track at night. Perhaps it was a night walk and perhaps there was other possibilities. I would not trek along the track with only two person as the place is quite creepy and such....Yes I humji! Can a not?!

I have severe doubts about the security of that place! It is called an abandoned track so why the hell is it still in use?! And also there is a station that trekkers have to pass through when trekking and the people inside just do not seem to give a shit when we passed through! Could something like this be prevented if they cared more? Most probably!

Edit: My mistake! It is not an abandoned railway track.

However the question remains that if they were sitting on the tracks when they got hitted by the train, why didn't they felt the train coming?

No comments: